Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Our Lady's is an inclusive school where all pupils are supported to achieve their full potential.
Mrs Michelle Minchin is the Inclusion Manager (responsible for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), EAL, LAC and Pupil Premium) and works with the governors and staff to ensure appropriate and inclusive provision for all pupils.
At Our Lady's we will:
- use our best endeavours to meet a pupil’s SEND
- ensure children with SEND engage in the activities of the school
- inform parents when pupils receive support for special educational needs and involve them in reviews of progress - at Our Lady's this is through provision mapping
- admit a young person, where the school is named in an EHC plan
- co-operate with the local authority in developing the local offer
- produce and publish online a School SEND Information Report
- appoint a suitably qualified or experienced member of staff as SENCO (National Award) - at Our Lady's Mrs M Minchin is the appointed Inclusion Manager
- work alongside SEND governor, Mrs Gibbs-McNeil
Please read the school's SEND Information Report and policy for more information on the provision we are able to provide. NASEN have produced Everyone Included to explain the SEND Code of Practice.