Home Page


14th November

The first goal was scored by a pass from Justin to David A where he ran down the line and kicked the ball from the corner of the box into the top right-hand corner of the goal.  After this the opposing team scored an unlucky own goal where the ball was deflected and spun over out line.  This was followed by Bean scoring from a corner.

After half-time, Justin scored a hat trick, the first in the bottom right corner, the second top right and the third bottom left.  Bean also scored 2 goals in the second half making it a tight game.  At the final whistle the score was 4 – 3 to Our Lady’s.

31st October

On Tuesday 31st October, Our Lady’s football team played in the 1st round of the Dartford FA Cup against New Ash Green Primary School.

Our Lady’s, led by their captain Harry Fitzgerald, took the kick and began a fluent period of passing play. New Ash Green however then took charge of the opening period and had a number of attacks which were defended well by Idefi, Jake and Rocco.

We took the lead through a good strike from David A, who received a pass from Justin and slotted the ball into the bottom corner of the net. Our opponents soon equalised as a ball came in from the left which they managed to squeeze into the right hand side of the goal.

Shortly after this, we regained the lead as Jake cleared the ball down the pitch; Justin latched onto the clearance and sprinted past the defence before slotting the ball into the net.

2-1 to Our Lady’s at half time.

The second half belonged predominately to Our Lady’s as we mounted several attacks and continued to pass the ball effectively as well as defending, when necessary, very robustly. Our third goal came from a clearance made by Ifedi which was controlled excellently by Harry who then crossed the ball to David U. David remained calm under pressure and put us 2 goals clear as he too found the back of the net.

Our opponents scored a slightly fortuitous second part way through the second half following a mix up at the back. However we responded well to this through some excellent defending and by managing to have the final say in the tie with another goal. This came following a shot from Justin which was blocked, the ball then fell to Harry who confidently dispatched it into the roof of the net.

4-2 to Our Lady’s at full time.

You would not have believed that this was the team’s first match together as they played so well, putting into practice many of the things discussed in training. Keep up the good work boys.

The second round draw will be made on Friday 17th November.

Team: Callum, David A, David U, Harry (captain), Ifedi, Jake, Jason, Justin, Lucas, Madalitso, Rocco, Samuel

A special note of thanks to Mr. Fitzgerald for supplying the kits for the boys- they look fantastic.

Picture 1